Tuesday, July 21, 2015

#BeReal: I Am a Work in Progress



I learned about the #BeReal campaign, I HAD to participate. Reading Hasty Words perspective on #BeReal, I was greatly moved. My persona is all about transparency, integrity, and genuineness. I even had one fellow blogger call me out as having "Integrity in Costco quantities". Pause. Notice the word I used? Persona. A persona is usually the image you project to the world. This insinuates it is not the real deal. The truth is my “real” is not 100% integrity and genuineness. I name myself after a sex Goddess but feel embarrassed when a stranger compliments me on being sexy. I say I am compassionate but often find myself only thinking of me. I say I am a strong warrior but actually make myself out to be a victim when life and relationships get too hard. I say I open my heart to connection but often feel disconnected and confused. My “real” is actually a work in progress with a lot of flaws. It is really hard to admit these things. It goes against everything I want to see and believe about myself. But, being real is about telling the truth. It is owning up to all of you and loving yourself anyway.

 Here is to one step closer to being more real! 


Cheers (as I raise my hypothetical glass of red wine).

2 comments: