Since becoming a committed triad, I've grown in many ways. I've always believed that the best relationships have peaks and valleys. Ours is no different. It is how we are growing and navigating those peaks and valleys that makes all the difference. These are some things I've learned about being poly and living in my amazing triad. Through it all, I aim to take accountability for my role in what plays out:
- This life choice prompts me to grow in ways I've never dreamed
- I'm forced to look directly in the proverbial mirror and own my own Sh @ & t
- I now expect to see all my walls from years of social conditioning - and I've started to chip away at them.
- Yes, sometimes I will butt heads!
- It is the best of times, and the worst of times.
- I'll never be able to listen to a song about "my one and only" or "our amazing couple love" again.
- Starting out in monogamy, all those love songs need to be reframed -
- Date Nights become important;
- I expect to have jealousy, at least some of the time, even when I am madly and genuinely in love with my partner (s)
- I feel an outpouring of joy and gratitude that I am so loved by two awesome people. And, each relationship is unique and special in its own right.

No comments:
Post a Comment