Receptivity is one power that is very connected to femininity. Women tend to have a unique way in which to create space, open their hearts, and let new life grow, the latter being either literal or figurative. All that said, those connected to feminine energy must also have a keen sense of personal boundaries, respect, and dignity. If these things are not honored, there is a likelihood the person will close up.
I admit, opening your heart is not always easy. I’ve been in that emotional and mental place where it was much easier for me to play it safe than take a risk. Life is messy. It is more likely, than not, that you will get hurt during your lifespan. When I got hurt, I hid away. I isolated myself from friends and loved ones. It was too scary for me to take any leap of faith. What if I got hurt again? What if I experienced more loss, another betrayal, a greater sense of being unsafe? It was then that I learned a profound truth: Keeping yourself from
others leads to loneliness and disconnection. Risk is scary. But, disconnection is so much worse. Lastly, fear will eat away at your soul if you let it.
Receptivity is linked to self-love, positive relationships, curiosity, and creativity. These elements work best when they are allowed to flow. Unfortunately, life does not always create the conditions for openness. We learn from an early age to be afraid; to stay on guard for those with ill-intentions . We cannot trust everyone.
Here is the ultimate challenge: to create the necessary shield that protects us, while simultaneously finding those opportunities that lend themselves to letting go with trustworthy others. Finally, allowing the flow of creativity and free-expression to guide our lives in order to live more authentically and fully.
No comments:
Post a Comment