“Fear separates, love connects.” I Googled this phrase, remembering that a friend told me this once. It directed me to a blog with a title that had the exact phrase (just so you know…I thought it first!). I guess I’m not the only one thinking this. Neither, am I the only one that recognizes the wisdom in this statement.
What most people don’t realize is that fear, not hate, is really the opposite of love. What most people are truly afraid of is the unknown. Unfortunately, fear keeps us separated and disconnected from ourselves and others. As a result, we cannot live a fully joyous, meaningful life.
Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about fear. In my life, it has become very apparent that fear has prevented me from getting a job, developing closer friendships, and even venturing out of the house. It is humorous how I stop myself. Just yesterday, I made a well-intentioned attempt to work out. I got dressed, got my bag together, and got my keys. Just as I was about to leave, I realized my phone was almost out of charge. I thought, “I can’t work out without my music.” I stayed home. Then, it dawned on me: my apartment has become a safe cave for me that keeps me from exploring the world around me! Upon realizing this, I was determined to face my fears head on.
Today, was a success story. I made a plan to work out with Hubby during his daily routine. I felt amazing afterwards. There was something about exercising that even cleared my mind so that I could write this blog! Later, I stated, “It is ridiculous that I don’t allow myself this time on a daily basis.” As if to rub it in, Hubby agreed!
How are YOU conquering your fears in your life?
No comments:
Post a Comment