Friday, October 2, 2015

Musings on a Profound Workshop Experience

* I shared this on Facebook a few days ago. It is not so.much as a blog, but some thoughts related to my past weekend attending a healing workshop. It adds some context to the spiritual journey I refer to in my recent blogs.

This weekend I went on a journey of the Self by going back to my family-of-origin. For those in the Seattle area that I did not reach out to, please know I love and miss you. But, my purpose was to connect to a deeper part of me. As such, I spent most of my days at a Yoga/meditation center in Bellevue, WA called "Alive and Shine." My sister works there and encouraged me to attend a workshop facilitated by the owner, an amazing Spiritual Master. I learned a lot, but it wasn't easy. After the workshop, I felt very raw.  Let's just say a lot of stuff came up for me, and I am just glad my family loved me unconditionally, despite some regrettable over-reactions.

It is difficult to convey the essence of my experience. But, here are some things I learned:

We are essentially light and love. But, we have forgotten this. Instead, we let our minds get cluttered with thoughts. Our senses take in too much information from our environment, which is ultimately misinterpreted and wrongly judged by our minds and we feel disconnected and unhappy.
The goal, then, is to find a way to re-center our energies onto opening our hearts and reconnecting to the love and light that is us. Everything is energy. We can move energy around us and affect our very auras. This spiritual Master (through Divine Intervention) was given the "recipe" for centering back to the heart. She taught several techniques/movements to do this. In her workshop, I went through a little resistance. I experience doubt and skepticism. But, as I continued with subsequent yoga classes and meditation classes, it all started to come into alignment.

Then, the day of the Total Lunar Eclipse, I was aware of too many synchronicities. It happened to be a very chaotic day for me (emotionally speaking). That night, we watched the new movie, "Cinderella." I also read the esoteric meaning of the Total Eclipse:

"... On a spiritual level, with the super moon, it is a time to detox the air (your thoughts), water (your emotions), earth (your physical space) and fire (obstacles to living your life with passion). In short, this is a special time to get spiritually stronger and meet the intensity of this moment during the Super Moon." (See my Facebook post on this. I shared an article).

Then, I realized that the teachers at "Alive and Shine," "Cinderella" and my Higher Voice (in trying to self-sooth) were all telling me the same thing:

"You are light and love
You can't go wrong with love
Let yourself believe in magic (you owe it to the child within)
Regardless what happens in life, your true Self will manifest. (If you let your heart be open and you trust your intuition )
Let courage, kindness, compassion,  and gratitude be your guides
               AND...
The magic lives within you. you ARE magic. You are light."

Well, as you can see, I had a profound experience. And, I hope to be kind to my body, heart, and spirit so I can foster a more centered, loving, connected me.

Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment