The description of the meetup group read, “...Let's spend the evening connecting with the divine beauty, power and love that our souls recognize as truth and learn more about increasing that experience in our everyday lives!” The group was called “The Goddess Within, “ and October 1, 2015 at 7:30pm would be there very first group ever! Well, if you know anything about me, you know that I was more than excited about attending this meetup. After all, I am Aphrodite Blossoming! Equally, if not more significantly, I had just returned from a healing weekend in Seattle, Washington. While there, I attended a workshop on opening the heart chakra and embodying the love and light that you actually truly are! Suffice to say, I was already in this spiritual, open space when I walked through the door!
I arrived early because I took the bus. I was greeted by the four organizers who looked absolutely radiant in their different dresses and colorful outfits. Radiance permeated from their personalities, too. I knew I was in the right place.
After mingling, we all sat down in a circle and began. We started with a type of cleansing meditation/prayer to let go of all the negative thoughts, hassles, and stressors in our lives and embrace this place and moment as a sacred space. This was followed by another meditation to cleanse the chakras. We went through each of our chakras and imagined this amazing energy (from each) filling our being. Inwardly, I saw myself as light and beauty. I was hit with mixed emotions: delight at the bliss I was feeling, and sadness that I do not always see myself this way.
The night proceeded with common themed discussions. Some of these included, permitting yourself to engage in self-care, permitting yourself to release your sexuality, and opening up to your inner creativity. We also spoke about the nurturing and embracing qualities of divine femininity. Between each segmented discussion, we got up to dance. The dance was freestyle, and we were encouraged to let go and have fun. No discussion point ever got too serious. Then, we got up to dance! I loved this aspect. I thanked the facilitator - explaining it allowed me to get out of my head.
I learned some powerful things about myself and my current spiritual journey from this meetup. I learned that my heart is open to receiving, and that my Higher Self is attracting the people I need in my life right now. I am recognizing that it is perfectly acceptable if my path deviates a little from my two partners. Ultimately, they will have more of the authentic, loving me. Lastly, I learned that my inner struggles will be resolved with time, patience, faith, and love. The more I love myself and live in this world with an aura of bright, loving light surrounding me, the more I attract those people, places, and moments that most align with my spirit and authentic self. This was the answer to a type of prayer. A few days ago I journaled that I thought my heart had led me astray during certain life moments. It seems that I am on the path to receiving the wisdom and healing I have been seeking. I can’t wait to see what today brings!


No comments:
Post a Comment