My greatest fear is that I will one day die without ever truly living in the moment or making a difference in others lives? Then, at the end of the day, what was it all for? I look at my family and the world at large, and all I see are people afraid of themselves and of others. We are so afraid that we clutter our lives with things or activities just to avoid our fears – Just to escape what we think of our very natures. Sometimes, we are even strangers to those closest to us – even those living in the same household. How marvelous it would be if we were to overcome our fears and really connect on a deep level. Our understanding of life, relationships, and ourselves, might be so different. We might be so much more accepting of ourselves, others, and the numerous possibilities that exist. We might actually stand for something real and profound. We might actually risk everything for the ones we love, or for life itself.
Instead, it is easier to live in our minds and in our fears. We often choose to live in this place over living in the moment. Often, the first step is the hardest to take. But I have found that once you take the leap into the scary waters of the unknown, it is never as bad as one initially imagines.
I want to be a truly amazing force in this world. I want my spirit, my heart, and my life to impact others in a profound way. I want my struggle to inspire others in their journey. I do not want to be paralyzed by my fears. If anything, I want my fears to mobilize me to action. I want to have the courage and resolve to face my demons, real and imagined. Ultimately, I want my life to have meaning. Meaning comes from what we decide to create for ourselves and those around us. Life doesn’t just happen. It is our active participation in the process that creates our legacy and testament.
No comments:
Post a Comment