Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Different Kind of Love Story

In Lifestyle circles, we are known as "The Roses" (Me, White-Rose; Hubby, Red-Rose; Now we have embraced our Pink-Rose, Roo, into our lives! She adds the best of both of us!


It was sometime in July 2014. Hubby always called me his white Rose, but this rose was going through a difficult time. I was flooded in the one garden sanctuary that once supported me. So, I withdrew into a different space and closed up my beautiful petals. Then, the inner voice spoke out loud - don't drag him - your Red-Rose, down with you. He only just started discovering his vibrant colors! I told Hubby to continue enjoying the awesome community we had connected with. We had practically lived in our adult social club for the last couple years - whether volunteering, attending parties, or taking the hosts out for dinner! It was home away from home. He kept attended parties and shining his amazing Light. I worked on myself and looked on at him with tremendous joy when he'd come home happy and full of vitality. This was the context in which Roo entered our lives. She witnessed Hubby as the "Pole Cleaner Boy" [yes - as in "She danced around the pole" -  for "Amateur Strip" night] at a party that Hubby attended one night, alone. 

This is what Roo says about that meeting in her own words..."I thought he was kind of cocky the first time I met him." But, it obviously did not take long for that to change.  Roo was also going through a transition of sorts. She was taking time off from relationships while she rediscovered her own inner Light. I think the Universe had other plans for all three of us! 

All I know is this: Hubby and Roo had the space and time to get to know each other without me - and I think it played a huge part in how we ultimately grew as a triad. When I finally attended a party, I instantly felt drawn to Roo and shared a magical dance with her. She  says I gave her "The Look" that made her fall in love with me. (something that said, "I think you'll really HOT." ) Apparently, I had my eye on another girl who was a social worker. Being a therapist (at the time) myself - I was drawn to her energy. But, that relationship fizzled when she had way too much drama in her life. 



Technically, Hubby and I have only been in an open relationship for 4 years and 8 months. Prior, we were completely monogamous. For a while, polyamory was a far cry from our view. But, I think we were curious about it and attracted situations that brought the lifestyle closer. Roo has a completely different back story than us. Yet, we are now all in this together. I am writing about this on my blog because while I am the one blossoming, it is my family-of-choice (the triad that we have formed) that supports my growth. Together we are creating a shared dream, and they are part of my personal story. In the past Hubby and I made the Core. Now, Hubby, Roo (our Pink-Rose), Me, and Lilly (the family dog) make the Core. I'm eternally grateful.

Hubby (upper left), Roo (upper right), the triad (lower left), Lilly, family dog (lower right)


No comments:

Post a Comment