Sunday, December 4, 2016

Touched by Divine Essence (originally posted on Heart & Soul eZine)

I hugged her and thought she must be an angel. She felt loving, tender, and beautiful. But, I only just met her. This was our first hello. How could this be? To ride above the stress of raising a family, she taught meditation and yoga classes. I could tell that she was a very centered person. She wasn’t the only one. Every staff person I met at this meditation center in Bellevue, Washington seemed to embody pure love. Not only that, but they seemed to get really excited when they learned I was the sister of the retail manager and their colleague. Apparently, my younger sister, the happy face at the front desk, was adored.
I believe in synchronous moments and that many things happen for a reason. I was visiting Seattle to see my family and attend a musical I had gotten tickets for one year before. Nevertheless, I don’t think it was by accident that I chose to visit my sister at her place of work on this particular occasion. Yes – I planned to offer her a birthday gift card because I knew how much she cherished the specific workshops and classes here at this facility. Equally important, though, I was open to receiving what was inside this amazing sanctuary: love, wisdom, healing, and a higher consciousness that I had been seeking in my life.
My past, present, and future existed in this place. Let me explain:

My Past

My sister stated the name of a person attending a class – suspecting that I knew her. “Uh, yes! I responded. She was my 4th grade Special Education teacher. She’s here?!” A few minutes later I heard a voice, ” Is Mandy out there?” Before I knew it, she was standing beside me and we were talking! It didn’t matter that almost 30 years had passed. It was so easy to talk to her and catch up.

My Present

While everything is going quite well in my life, I have been feeling blocked on an energetic level. This manifests by me having anxiety issues and problems regulating my emotions at times. This might be related to the many life changes I’ve gone through recently. Writing helps, but I’ve inwardly known the importance of connecting to something deeper and more spiritual. Being in the very presence of staff that 1) loved my sister and 2) embodied groundedness and an open heart brought me closer to my Higher Self and the spiritual connection I had been seeking.

The Future

I left making a pact with myself to find ways to be still and more loving with myself. I have always had a connection to the metaphysical. I just have never harnessed it. But, even when I don’t focus on these Higher elements, the Universe seems to bring them to me. I have a dream about a Higher soul connection. I find myself looking through books on metaphysics at the bookstore. Certain books just jump out to me, and I’m compelled to pick them up and skim the pages! I meet someone that seems to act as a mirror to me at the exact moment in my life when I need it most. I read a blog that reminds me to open my heart to gratitude. The Divine works within me and around me even when I do not give it power. What happens when I do give it power? I am not sure whether to be afraid or amazed at the possibilities.

One More Mention: My Connection with My Sister

I am ten years older than my sister. But, I feel like we must be the same age. More importantly, we seem to be spiritually linked. I don’t know what to call us; kindred spirits? Soul sisters? Soul mates? All I know is this: we are both inclined towards social justice, advocacy, and helping. We connect to the same esoteric concepts. And, I dream about her. But, my dreams are usually not random. They tend to take on the quality of a premonition or Higher message that is related to our connection and life paths. I wrote about one such dream here. Given my connection with my sister, was it just a coincidence that I should discover all these enlightening thoughts after entering her place of work? I think not.
— —
When I was younger, my favorite television series was “Touched by an Angel.” I did not watch it because I was religious. I watched it for the heartfelt messages and the reminder that love and vulnerability tends to connect us in a grander, profound way. I was terribly sad when the show ended. So, was I touched by a real angel when I hugged the woman in the meditation center? Was I surrounded by divinity just by standing in the lobby? Was my teacher there to remind me of how far I’ve come in life? I don’t know. All I know is that I found myself in a place where people had done the work to connect to their Higher Selves. And, I was privileged to be there with my soul-sister who shared her sacred space with me and reminded me of what exists within.

No comments:

Post a Comment