Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Moment of Insight: Ongoing Theme of Letting Go, Owning My Voice, and Celebrating my Sexuality

[I wrote this on Fetlife, a social media site for people with kinks, about a year ago. I am re-posting this here. Surprisingly, the themes ring true in my life today].
For Context, here is The Fifth Agreement: "Be Skeptical, but listen" 
Meaning: Recognize that most of what you hear is not true, but rather what people communicate with their own personal symbols. Everything can be looked at with a degree of doubt and questioning - BUT also respect (it is, after all, a story that is true for the person telling it [AKA, the storyteller].
--  --
I stood in front of my proverbial mirror, and my [Dom] (AKA, Hubby) presented me with the book, “The Fifth Agreement.” I find it interesting that I sensed a life theme - reflected in the book, long before I read it. My inner Self participated in singing the chorus of this life theme via a strange dream:
'The 10-year old girl was standing in an old attic that she didn't recognize. She stood before an old full-length mirror that could sway back and forth if you pushed it. Instead of seeing her own reflection, however, the little girl saw a beautiful garden with every flower imaginable. A fountain was in the center of the garden and rose bushes and willows surrounded the outskirts of the sanctuary. It seemed so peaceful.'
It took me a while to realize what this dream meant. Ever since entering the lifestyle (first swinging, now kink), I imagined that I was a white rose and that every relationship I made was a fellow flower. We all lived in this beautiful, magical garden where love and growth was possible. When I peered into the mirror and saw my garden, I was seeing my true, authentic self. Likewise, I was seeing all my beautiful connections. I was asking myself to let go of the fear and join me in embracing my true self. I knew that when I could let go I could live a life of integrity and pure joy. In the Fifth Agreement, the author calls this “our personal heaven.”
I sense that the Source is asking me to really take a deep, close look at the message. I must admit, I feel naked as I look into the reflection of the world of my own creation. In my naked state, I am being asked to face my fear and rewrite my story. Better yet, I’m being asked to recognize that everything I perceive and experience is just a story, a distorted picture of reality. Recognizing the truth of the distortion, I can choose to rise above the limits, the fears, and the thoughts that keep me paralyzed. Own your greatness, the voice speaks. It speaks it loud and clear. Every mentor in my life is speaking to me with the same message. They are my Greek chorus in the play about my life. The speak as one, presenting each phase of my life and pointing me to where my heart yearns to go next: to that place beyond fear where I embrace my full potential and live a life of purpose, action, authenticity, and integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment