Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Insights About Writing...

I am going through a process that I would like to share with you. The other day - after months of apprehension - I signed up for NaNoWriMo. I started to write a story that has been in my mind for a while. But, then, I started judging myself. There were too many holes. The story wasn't flowing right. I was trying too hard...I went back to my Word processor. I have spent several years writing my autobiography. I just titled it "AllAboutMandy." I feel like I threw every experience into this document - deleted it - and rewrote it almost exactly like the first time around. Why am I not finishing it? My first thought is that I am not hiding or symbolizing one aspect of my life. I haven't changed any names or masked any experience. You see, I have been trying to write in mystery and symbols - but with a deeper life meaning. But, I only like to write the truth - from my perspective, of course. Today, I added more paragraphs to this, now, 42 page document. It just flowed. My writing process is messy. This much I know. But, I like it that way. It is organic. It breathes. Ultimately, the pieces will fit together. I just need to trust the process.

Thank you for sharing this process with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment